Value Opportunity Analysis (VOA)
Mapping the extent to which a product or service’s aspirational qualities connect to an audience
href="https://www.doctordisruption.com/design/design-methods-31-value-opportunity-analysis/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Value Opportunity Analysis (VOA) is an approach to identifying the aspirational attributes in a product or service, listing a set of value opportunities to help design teams focus on the key items to connect the target audience. class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-1041" src="http://moha.studio/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/f0195-01.jpg" alt="" width="739" height="1019" />
- Mapping the extent to which a product or service’s aspirational qualities connect to an audience
- A (VOA) provides an opportunity for a team to work together from a place of deep empathy, grounded firmly in research for what the user values and desires.
- There are seven value opportunities:
- Emotion: adventure, independence, confidence, and power
- Aesthetics: visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and taste
- Identity: point in time, sense of place, and personality
- Impact: social and environmental
- Ergonomics: comfort, safety, and ease of use
- Core Technology: reliable and enabling
- Quality: craftsmanship and durability
- The VOA can be used to help the team consider competitive review, market analysis, and multiple personas.