A collage of pictures, illustrations, or brand imagery to visually communicate aspects of design intent
An imageboard or href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imageboard" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">image board is a type of Internet forum which operates mostly via posting images. The first imageboards were created in Japan and inspired the creation of a number of English language imageboards. They are based on the textboard concept.
- A collage of pictures, illustrations, or brand imagery to visually communicate aspects of design intent
- They are used to visually convey an essential description of design aesthetics, style, audience, or context.
- Images convey the particular styles, colors, products, brands, and environments associated with the designer’s interpretation of a given aesthetic.
- A user-based image board portrays a target audience, conveyed through their clothing, preferred brands, environments, transportation, and social interests.
- An environment-based image board visually shows sample interiors, furniture, lighting, fixtures, and conveys color palettes and atmospheric tone.
- The creation of image boards can serve internally as a consensus artifact for design teams, representing an agreed-upon version of a design aesthetic or context.
- Externally, image boards are powerful tools for communicating design intent to clients, clarifying an aesthetic direction or targeted audience.