Guiding journals for convenient expression of personal details about daily life and events
href="https://www.usertesting.com/blog/2014/06/25/how-to-get-feedback-over-time-with-diary-studies/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Diary studies are a form of longitudinal research(research that takes place over a long period of time with the same participants). Typically, users self-report their activities at regular intervals to create a log of their activities, thoughts, and frustrations.
- Guiding journals for convenient expression of personal details about daily life and events
- They are ideal for collecting thoughts, feelings, or behaviors from participants at key moments across time.
- They are designed for portability and ease of use, with an overview of the topic instructions and a sample entry.
- Participants may be requested to document each time they engage in a particular behavior, encounter a product or situation, or have specific interactions.
- Creative page formats can be used to invite text entries, sketches, drawings, photographs, or stickers and multiple-choice responses.
- In rare cases, diaries may be used for usability studies or evaluation, as a means of collecting feedback from users testing products in context over time.
- Using digital diaries, participants record entries on mobile devices or via email or web-based uploads.